Stay In The Know: 5 Black Business Podcasts to Keep You Informed
Whether or not you have grown up learning wealth-building strategies within or outside of the Black community, It is always encouraging to hear how people in the Black community of all ages have created and pivoted their businesses. While listening to the podcasts below, you can expect invaluable financial and business advice from prominent black entrepreneurs. While some shows walk through the history in which Black people have navigated building a business throughout U.S history, other podcasts feature a collection of interviews with successful entrepreneurs, and insights into managing money effectively.
Listing to the podcasts below will allow you to see what financial and business practices fit you and your family on a day-to-day basis. With a variety of industry professionals from different lived experiences open up about what they have learned in the industry so far and hopefully answer some of your questions! Whether you’re looking to start your own business, improve your existing one, or simply stay informed about the latest trends and insights in the black business community, these podcasts can be an invaluable resource. If you find something you like make sure to add it to your favorites and don’t be afraid to ask your questions and connect to the discussions to make the most out of these informative shows!
- The Black Business of Broadway:
- Musical theater fan or just curious? Take a listen to the influential black artists, cast, and crews that helped to build Broadway. Putting on a show is a team effort and this podcast provides some clarity on the impact black professionals have had within the industry and the stigmas and backlash many faced.
- Black Wealth Renaissance:
- Many don’t grow up with generational wealth and no one is born with financial literacy it takes time and a lot of trial and error to understand what works best for you, your business, and your family. Hosts, Jalen Clark and David Bellard create an audio guide of inspiration and education. Interviewing black financial experts, entrepreneurs, small business owners, etc… on their journey to achieving financial freedom. Hoping to give people within the black community more resources to start building generational wealth.
- Black to Business:
- Trying to grow a new business? This podcast is an immense motivator. Black to Bussines is another wonderful resource for getting a broad perspective on the lived experience of black business owners. One of the most significant parts of hearing a podcast such as Black to Bussines is the oral history, knowledge, and innovation it has published so whether you are a new or old listener you can always tune back in!
- Black Entrepreneur Blueprint:
- Hosted by Jay Jones, Black Entrepreneur Blueprint goes over strategic sale strategies, financial management, and ways to pivot when you run into an obstacle. This podcast is dedicated to providing practical and actionable advice for Black entrepreneurs.
- Side Hustle Pro: Hosted by Nicaila Matthews Okome,
- Do you have or want to create a side hustle? If so Mrs. Nicaila Matthews Okome’s podcast gives some meaningful and actionable advice, for black women wanting to start or maintain their side hustle. Okome brings guests onto the show to get a variety of perspectives, business, and advice!